Status of the work of September 10, for this 0.6.18 version:
- [DONE] Farc Universe Generator (FUG) updates and improvements.
- [DONE] Full recalculation of the Epsilon Eridani system with the changes above.
- [WIP] Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) induced region environmental modifiers.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) implementation of a probability system, with specific data for each effect, to determine if and how a weather/geophysical effect will hit settlements, expeditions and armies.
-  Addition of the seven factions of allegiance/origin.
-  Full overhaul of the planetary exploration system (PES).
-  Modifications in Conversion/Assembling/Building of infrastructures.
-  Infrastructure Reliability and Integrity + Integration with the WEAGES.
-  Planetary Features & Artefacts; basic addition and generation.
-  General Improvements of the User’s Interface.
-  Various Bug Fixes.
-  Knowledge Base – Session Update
- FARC Universe Generator (FUG)
- [New: DONE] application of a better coefficient for Arid, Sandy Desert, and Polar regions in the calculation sof the Underground Hydro resource spot.
- [New: DONE] application of better coefficients for all coastal regions regions in the calculations of the Underground Hydro resource spot.
- Star Systems Integration
- [WIP=>DONE] full recalculation of Epsilon Eridani, including design audit of it.
- Star Systems Integration
The implementation of all the factions of origin is approaching; Epsilon Eridani is now finalized and 100% redone.
Now, after my day of job, I will implement a set of Region Environmental Modifiers, into the region’s data strcuture, to store any REM linked with active weather and geophysical effects.
Because yes, these effects have their own set of REMs affecting different activities according to the effects themselves.
I will try to keep things coherent, but for sure the effects will bring additional difficulties on top of the challenge of each orbital object itself.
It will not be a big work to do, excepted that I need to design and implement the set of REMs for the current weather/geophysical effects already in the game.
Finally, the weather will bring the player some pain 🙂
To easing it, you can see below some screenshots of the rest of the work with the recalculation of Epsilon Eridani and the rework on the personalized surface maps.
Please note that 3 planets in this system are carrying life (more details after the screenshots).
The three series of screenshots that follows are planetoids satellites of the gaseous planet between the two asteroid belts of the system.
5-2 is pretty near its gaseous parent, but above the Roche Limit, so the consequence of it is heavy plate tectonics.
5-7 is farther but is very active with an extreme tectonic activity that I tried to retranscribe here.
The following one is EpsEr 6 revamped. You can also see its little satellite asteroid on the right of the “6”
The series of screenshots that follows are from planetoids of the second asteroid belt at 20 AU
Note that I tried to not have two surface map identical. It’s hard to make something totally realistic, but I keep them in relation with the data of each orbital object that has these personalized maps.
I will try to play a bit more on the roughness factor to vary more the shapes of the lands.
Also, 3 planets are carrying life; two carbon-based (the two at complex life level, one via sub-surface ocean) and the other one, at my great surprise, silcon-based (at simple life level).
I was looking more for a methane-based life, because the calculations and parameters for silicon-based life to appear are so tight, the probabilities are fleeting. The the laws of math and probabilities have talked.
That’s all, forward we go! 🙂