Status of the work for this 0.6.18 version:
- [DONE] Farc Universe Generator (FUG) updates and improvements.
- [WIP] Full recalculation of the Epsilon Eridani system with the changes above.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) induced region environmental modifiers.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) implementation of a probability system, with specific data for each effect, to determine if and how a weather/geophysical effect will hit settlements, expeditions and armies.
-  Addition of the seven factions of allegiance/origin.
-  Full overhaul of the planetary exploration system (PES).
-  Modifications in Conversion/Assembling/Building of infrastructures.
-  Infrastructure Reliability and Integrity + Integration with the WEAGES.
-  Planetary Features & Artefacts; basic addition and generation.
-  General Improvements of the User’s Interface.
-  Various Bug Fixes.
-  Knowledge Base – Session Update
- [New: DONE] the process for the asteroid belts is expanded to allow to display planetoids.
- FARC Universe Generator (FUG)
- [New: DONE] added the possibility to override the land type of a region by Sterile and Icy Sterile land types.
- [New: DONE] additional data display for region settings like: Tectonic Activity, and region’s climate.
- [New: DONE] fix: for Fractal Terrains data, prevents too extreme data for the Highest Peak by keeping it coherent.
- Star Systems Integration
- [New: WIP] full recalculation of Epsilon Eridani, including design audit of it.
- Star Systems Integration
At the date of this post I have 3 planets and one asteroid belt left to process, including their satellites.
I’ve made also few modifications and improvements (not all detailed above) in the Universe Generator, including a certain number of bug fixes and hardening of calculations.
Anyway Epsilon Eridani appears more and more final now, and the orbital objects already remade are a bit differents from the initial version.
So, enough talking here are the screenshots:
Epsilon Eridani 2 is finalized with better data, and a totally revamped and more coherent surface map.
The current season displayed is winter and the winds are pretty Hellish in certain regions, but OK in a good number of them; it’s due mainly to certain extreme differences of climates and temperatures for certain regions.
Regions are mainly arid (Mediterranean-like for the hot ones, tundra/dry grass and plants for the cold ones) at best with, and are rocky/sandy deserts at worst.
As the previous iteration of this planet, this final one also support life with carbon-based biochemistry.
It’s part of the fun with FARC; even if a planet is “Earth-like”, it is VERY relative because this term is very general; the orbital objects aren’t abstracted as “swamp world” or “desert world” like in other games, the fact that a human can live on a planet without much protection doesn’t means it doesn’t need ANY protection AT ALL 🙂
Now the turn of Epsilon Eridani 3:
Its surface map has also changed, not the shape but the climate color set is also entirely in accordance with the K2 star, and it permit to show the hot spot regions (where the green selector is) of volcanism, since this planet is active with volcanoes (and with a weak plates tectonic). So yes, the two volcanic regions of this planet are “a bit” hazardous.
But the map is now more in relation to its ecosphere, in the contrary to the previous bland one EpsEr3 had:
The final set of screenshot is about the first asteroid belt planetoid generated for the game!
So yes, finally! Ceres-like planetoids can be found in asteroid belts in FARC!
Here is the little one:
As you can see it is pretty impacted; I tested some adjustments for planetary bombardment in Fractal Terrains, and the final result is pretty OK and renders even cool in the OpenGL view above.
Since there is also the second asteroid belt to recalculate, maybe it will have a few too, we will see…
You can imagine that the changes aren’t only about the surface maps, but many data have been recalculated with all the changes (like for wind speed), including the full support of the Universal Resolution System difficulty settings with the Region Environmental Modifiers.
The latter represents pretty well now the regional ecosphere, and the challenges it can brings to any possible activities that can happen in one region.
All I can say is that I cannot wait to add the seven (at least) new planetary systems in this version, finally the universe will take shape!
But I have to finish the current work before it, and there are also two relatively small steps to do afterward.
That’s all for today. Have a great week!