August 30 Update; Status of the work for this 0.6.18 version:
- [DONE] Farc Universe Generator (FUG) updates and improvements.
- [WIP] Full recalculation of the Epsilon Eridani system with the changes above.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) induced region environmental modifiers.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) implementation of a probability system, with specific data for each effect, to determine if and how a weather/geophysical effect will hit settlements, expeditions and armies.
-  Addition of the seven factions of allegiance/origin.
-  Full overhaul of the planetary exploration system (PES).
-  Modifications in Conversion/Assembling/Building of infrastructures.
-  Infrastructure Reliability and Integrity + Integration with the WEAGES.
-  Planetary Features & Artefacts; basic addition and generation.
-  General Improvements of the User’s Interface.
-  Various Bug Fixes.
-  Knowledge Base – Session Update
- FARC Universe Generator (FUG)
- [WIP => DONE] multiple code audits and refactorings.
- [WIP => DONE] the percentage of landmass, and its use for coastal/oceanic regions is implemented.
- [New: DONE] adjustments in some data ranges of the Gravity habitability index.
- [New: DONE] adjustments in some data ranges of the atmosphere pressure habitability index.
- [NOT DEV => DONE] the calculation of the Region Environmental Modifiers by category is entirely overhauled by using the range of difficulties of the Unified Resolution System.
- [New: DONE] calculations of new Region Environmental Modifiers: Infrastructure Wearing, Airland Combat, and Atmospheric Flight & Landing Hazards.
- [NOT DEV => DONE] the hydrosphere data are now calculated by using the mean of surface temperature of each orbital season, and not the base temperature.
- [WIP => DONE] add a new data for each region; the percentage of land mass. By default, this data isn’t used land region. It is only used in case of Oceanic/Coastal regions, as per FUG rules.
- [New: DONE] add new region environmental modifiers: Infrastructure Wearing, Airland Combat, Atmospheric Flight & Landing Hazards, Communications, Control, Quality of Life, and Bio-Evolution.
- [NOT DEV => WIP] a sub-data structure is added into the one of the regions and it contains the list of Region Environmental Modifiers, for all the available categories, directly linked to all the active Regional Weather / Geophysical Effect(s).
Of course these REM depends on the rules of each effect. This centralized sub-data structure will allow a direct and easy acces to the sum of modifiers.
- [DONE] add a new data, at the root data structure of the regions, to indicate the Main Travel Distance for polar regions.
That’s it! First step of this version done!
The FUG has now a (sort of) wee bit of an update and now I can finally recalculate Epsilon Eridani.
Prior to that I will inspect / audit /finalize the (real) data I have on this system and I will launch the generator.
There will not be most changes for the customized surface maps, maybe Epsilon Eridani 2 will be adjusted with the finalized climate colors and other too, I will see. But all in all, most of the work will be done by the generator itself.
But yep, the FUG is finally ready for additional new planetary systems!
The Region Environmental Modifiers are also now fully compliant with the Unified Resolution System, and so their use for different game systems will be seamless.
I also had to think about the 1.0 of FARC (I know, a far stretch of imagination) to seriously make the inventory of ALL the upcoming game systems that will have links with these REM.
So in the end, additional REM categories have been added in relation of the Unified Combat System, the Global Communication System (the system that will manage a sort of dynamic and permanent believable fog of war) and the Biosphere (when fauna and flaura will be implemented).
TL:DR; the REMs are final as well as the FUG.
I made that to avoid to re-update the FUG in a few years and to have to recalculate all the planetary systems in the game. It’s OK when there is only one of them, but at the release of this version it will not be the case anymore.
That’s all for today. Have a great weekend and thanks for your interest!