August 06 Update; Status of the work for this 0.6.18 version:
- [WIP] Farc Universe Generator (FUG) updates and improvements.
-  Full recalculation of the Epsilon Eridani system with the changes above.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) induced region environmental modifiers.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) implementation of a probability system, with specific data for each effect, to determine if and how a weather/geophysical effect will hit settlements, expeditions and armies.
-  Addition of the seven factions of allegiance/origin.
-  Full overhaul of the planetary exploration system (PES).
-  Modifications in Conversion/Assembling/Building of infrastructures.
-  Infrastructure Reliability and Integrity + Integration with the WEAGES.
-  Planetary Features & Artefacts; basic addition and generation.
-  General Improvements of the User’s Interface.
-  Various Bug Fixes.
-  Knowledge Base – Session Update
- FARC Universe Generator (FUG)
- [New: DONE] fix: randomized orbits generation: the maximum of possible orbits, in accordance to the type of star (including black hole), is taken into the account. There were limits in the main document for eons, but I never implemented them…
- [New: DONE] the maximum number of asteroids in a belt is now better adjusted and balanced; with more asteroids at lower distances (like for the main asteroid belt in Sol), and less at far higher distances (like for the Kuiper belt).
- [New: DONE] telluric planetoids can now be generated in asteroid belts. Previously, asteroid belts had only non-planetoid asteroids, then FARC is now sort of more in line with reality.
- [New: DONE] the calculations for the diameter of asteroid belts are now more refined.
- [New: DONE] the calculations for the diameter of asteroids (in a belt or not) are now more refined.
- [New: DONE] the calculations for the diameter of telluric planets are now more refined and are variable according to the zones of the planetary system (inner/intermediary/outer).
- [New: DONE] the calculations for the diameter of gaseous planets are now more refined.
- [New: DONE] the calculations for the diameter of asteroids, as satellites of a planet, are now more refined.
- [New: DONE] the calculations for the diameter of telluric planets, as satellites of a planet, are now more refined.
- [New: DONE] fix: tectonic activity; correction into the logic on how are applied the cases of the rotation period modifiers.
- [New: DONE] fix: atmosphere; small correction in the probability for the Special Atmosphere, for the primary composition.
- [NOT DEV => DONE] an orbital object is considered trace atmosphere if pressure < 6.079 mbar (and not 7).
It’s Only 22% of the work and there are and all these changes (including refactorings and code cleanup).
I stopped tonight after I reviewed the code for the atmospheres, and the next parts where I have something to do is for Clouds Cover (@28.8%), and that will be all for the ecosphere.
After that I will start for the regions with the new calculations for the Main Travel, Equatorial, and Polar distances (@37.5%) that are totally overhauled.
Next, I will review pretty fast the rules for low and geosynchronous orbits (@38.4%) and I will implement data and calculations for them (like the orbit time above a region, in low orbit, on a polar and equatorial orbit). These data will be important particularly when I will work on the full integration of space units (for the Alpha 11) and especially when I will implement (artificial) satellites with meteorological and communication functions.
Geosynchronous orbits have also certain in-game rules and effects to implement, but they don’t concern the FUG itself.
Later, I will do updates for the regions with temperature (just audit), Climate (few changes), including the 2.0 and final calculations overhaul for wind speeds of each region (@50%).
That’s all for today, have a good Week!