July 28 Update; Status of the work for this 0.6.18 version:
- [WIP] Farc Universe Generator (FUG) updates and improvements.
-  Full recalculation of the Epsilon Eridani system with the changes above.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) induced region environmental modifiers.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) implementation of a probability system, with specific data for each effect, to determine if and how a weather/geophysical effect will hit settlements, expeditions and armies.
-  Addition of the seven factions of allegiance/origin.
-  Full overhaul of the planetary exploration system (PES).
-  Modifications in Conversion/Assembling/Building of infrastructures.
-  Infrastructure Reliability and Integrity + Integration with the WEAGES.
-  Planetary Features & Artefacts; basic addition and generation.
-  General Improvements of the User’s Interface.
-  Various Bug Fixes.
-  Knowledge Base – Session Update
- FARC Universe Generator (FUG)
- [New: WIP] multiple code audits, refactorings, improvements.
- [New: DONE] fix: forgot to load the result for star’s outer zone calculation. Basically the function always returned zero…
- [New: DONE] correction into the calculation of the mean separation for companion stars at Distant or Extreme distances. I made calculation errors with probabilities (too much zeroes…).
- [New: WIP] allow more variations and granularity for all the calculations of basic data that requires simple random tables.
- [New: NOT DEV] the hydrosphere data are now calculated by using the mean of surface temperature of each orbital season, and not the base temperature.
- [New: NOT DEV] an orbital object is considered trace atmosphere if pressure < 6.079 mbar (and not 7).
- [New: NOT DEV] if a planet has a trace atmosphere, it has automatically no winds and no rainfall. Until now, satellites with like 0.158 mb of atmospheric pressure had ones.
- [New: NOT DEV] the calculation of the Region Environmental Modifiers by category is entirely overhauled by using the range of difficulties of the Unified Resolution System.
- [New: NOT DEV] the percentage of landmass, and its use for coastal/oceanic regions is implemented.
- [New: NOT DEV] add 4 new data, at the root data structure of the regions, to indicate the equatorial/polar distances by region. These can be useful for direct travel, and I forgot to include them.
- [New: NOT DEV] add a new data for each region; the percentage of land mass. By default, this data isn’t used land region. It is only used in case of Oceanic/Coastal regions, as per FUG rules.
- [New: NOT DEV] addition of a data, containing a filename, used for orbital objects that has a standardized surface map. If this one is not empty, it will override the standardized map loading by a custom one, Thus, future surface maps personalization will be allowed.
I have not much to say outside that I working from A to Z into updating the Universe Generator.
I already corrected some bugs and refined certain processes. There aren’t really big changes but more many small details and adjustments here and there.
The biggest work, of this part of the 0.6.18, is in the implementation of the 2.0 of the calculations for the wind speed, and the totally new method of difficulties for the Regional Environment Modifiers.
But the rest constitutes really only of multiple small modifications.
As you can see in the Changelog updates above there is also a certain number of new data that will grow the, already fairly heavy, stack of orbital object’s data.
That’s all for today, have a good Week!