Presentation of the work for this 0.6.18 version, in this specific order:
-  Farc Universe Generator (FUG) updates and improvements: new calculations for Region Environment Modifiers (REM) with the Unified Resolution System (URES) difficulty range, wind speed calculations 2.0, diverse refinement for geophysical data, diverse code audit.
-  Full recalculation of the Epsilon Eridani system with the changes above.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) induced region environmental modifiers: the weather and geophysical effects will also affect, since this version, any activity occuring in a region.
-  Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) implementation of a probability system, with specific data for each effect, to determine if and how a weather/geophysical effect will hit settlements, expeditions and armies. Certains effects affect each region as a whole, but others can be a bit more pinpointed inside a region. The probability depends of the size of a region, the size of a target, and the effect’s parameters.
-  Addition of all the factions of allegiance/origin: the seven factions, the player’s faction will originate from, will be added in the game. Each of them will include one type of expedition, one backstory and a starting star / planetary system. So in total 7 additional star systems will be added in the game with the full kit of data and personalized surfaces.
-  Full overhaul of the planetary exploration system (PES): the system will have more understandable (but not abstracted) mechanics, will be in line with the URES difficulty range, and finally have a better user’s interface integration.
-  Modification in Conversion/Assembling/Building of infrastructures: the full system and rules will be in line with the URES difficulty range and will be affected by REMs from the WEAGES. So yes, the climate will affect this activity too.
-  Infrastructure Reliability and Integrity + Integration with the WEAGES: all infrastructures in a settlement will have now two data for reliability and integrity. Reliability represent the “health” of the internal systems and the power grid. Integrity is directly affected by the damage to the structure. These data will be calculated in line with how the integrity of the space units, and the integrity/reliability of their equipment modules, will be calculated too.
It will not be like a health bar of sort, but a bit more complicated than that (who said HOW SO??? haha).
Of course the weather and geophysical effects will affect them too (how to could be fun otherwise hehe). The surface temperature and erosion by winds modulated with the type of land/climate and atmospheric composition will also affect the infrastructures… since this version.
-  Planetary Features & Artefacts: basic addition and generation, at each new game, of planetary features and artefacts.
-  General Improvements of the User’s Interface.
-  Various Bug Fixes.
-  Knowledge Base – Session Update
That will be a big release in term of assets and stuff added to the game.
Tonight (July 1st) I worked to put the full procedure, on how to generate surface maps in Fractal Terrains, into the main design document. It’s for years that it is on bits of paper so now is the time to cleanup, detail the process, and to get rid of one more stack of paper notes. 🙂