The second snapshot of the last iteration of the Alpha 10 is released.
Since it is only a snapshot release it doesn’t constitutes the full release of this alpha 10, but it is one more stage toward this direction. I doing these snapshots to avoid to do only one release in 2 years, so I split them until the final package.
You can wait for the final and “official” release, if you whish so.
As usual the alpha state isn’t fully playable (even if more and more things are integrated); the game is subject to bugs and incomplete user’s interface elements.
Last Knowledge Base Changelog
- Glossary / Game Systems and Rules: added Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES).
- Space and the Universe in the Game: topic populated.
- Space and the Universe in the Game / Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES): complete topic added.
- Space and the Universe in the Game / Weather and Geophysical System (WEAGES) / Regional Weather and Geophysical Effects: complete topic added.
- Data Annexes: topic populated.
- Data Annexes / WEAGES – Regional Weather Effects: complete topics added
- Cold Wave.
- Heat Wave.
- Updated many keywords.
- No more empty entries are published, thanks to the new filtering system of the last version of HelpNDoc. It also helps me to focus on the WIP and empty topics better than before.
- Space and the Universe in the Game: topic populated and online.
- Game Mechanics – Time Flow System (TFS): topic updated and completed.
The alpha 10 [0.6.17.1101] is released.
FARC is bundled in one setup file and is now supporting 64 bits systems only.
Meaning anything from Windows 7 to Windows 10. XP64 isn’t supported.
I only using setup files from now because it will be easier for any user to update the files than a manual archived version.
You can download and update your installation if you had installed via the setup file the 0.6.15.1075 version.
If not (older version and/or manually installed version) please delete your installation directory before installing this setup.
If you encounter any problems at launch, don’t forget to delete the “farcolony” directory and all its content in your C:\Users\<your user name>\AppData\Roaming\
Since FARC is heavily modified often, its save and configuration files are affected, especially with this version.
Setup is here: FARColony-alpha_10-0.6.17.1101-win64.
Working Dates & Lines of Code
From 2018-12-24 to 2019-07-01
Lines of Code: 120,988 (+6,558 lines)
Tomorrow (or tonight at midnight EST time) I will post a presentation of the work to be done during the development of the 0.6.18.
It is pretty heavy in term of work and game assets. Here’s a small teaser:
It will be about the integration of the seven other factions of allegeance, and the integration of the Universal Resolution System into the Region Environmental Modifiers and into the WEAGES.
Also the infrastructures will have their first “gamey” data with Integrity and Reliability which will be calculated via a common framework that will be used for the space units too.
Yes, it is time to think beyond the Alpha 10… The Alpha 11 will be about the space units and a in-game designer (no don’t wait for a full shiny and graphical/3D things hehe).
Anyway you will have more details tomorrow with the complete roadmap of sort.
That’s all for now, I will resume the development of FAR Colony tomorrow with the 0.6.18.
Thanks for your interest and stay tuned!