June 14 Update; Status of the work for this 0.6.17 version:
- [DONE] Adding assets: New Infrastructures and Production Modes.
- [DONE] Weather and Geophysics System (WEAGES).
- [DONE] Unified Resolution System (URES)
- [DONE] Adding assets: 2D pictures and icons.
- [WIP] Full UI standardization.
- [WIP] Various Bug Fixes.
-  Knowledge Base – Session Update
- [WIP => DONE] rendering and addition of 4 pictures that will be used for the season in the Ecosphere section of the Local Surface.
- [New: DONE] creation (by myself) of 43 pictures for the 16 gases an atmosphere in FARC can have, including special colored ones for primary and secondary gases.
- [New: DONE] addition of an icon for the atmospheric pressure.
- [New: DONE] addition of an icon for the clouds cover.
- [New: DONE] total replacement of the icons to illustrate the presence of settlements on the surface in the Local Surface panel. The ones I had were without origin/credits and license…
- [New: DONE] any icon for the surface, in the Local Surface panel, is now preloaded into a bitmap library.
- [New: DONE] the gaseous icon for the environment is replaced with a better one.
- Interface – Local Surface
- Colony / Colony Data
- [New: WIP] rework, and fixes, on the display of all the colony data.
- [New: DONE] the current orbital object’ season is now displayed, including a generic illustration of it.
- [New: DONE] tectonic Activity is now displayed below the environment.
- Region’s Data
- [WIP => DONE] the current season is now displayed into the Ecosphere section.
- [New: DONE] rain has now also an indicator (as for the temperature and wind speed) to indicate its intensity.
- [New: DONE] wind speed indicator has now better coloration, in accordance to intensity / force of the current wind speed, than before.
- [New: DONE] surface temperature, rainfall, and windspeed have now their own icon, display data calculated via the WEAGES, and display data as average values adjusted via seasonal changes.
- [New: DONE] if the overed/selected region has any weather and/or geophysical effects active, they are displayed via a basic text entry.
- Colony / Colony Data
- [New: DONE] the credits XML file is fully clarified and synch with the assets currently in the game. Some “weirdness” were present.
The updates on the user’s interface for the Region and Ecosphere sections of the Local Surface Panel are all done.
You can see two examples with the screenshot below:
Don’t worry for the mess below the surface display, I will update the interface for the resource spots and planetary survey in the next version. For now, the whole is deactivated.
I know that the picture to illustrate the season is generic and not linked to the type of orbital object, and its environment, actually selected, but it is a base I could expand in the future. It’s more a luxury than a necessity for now.
In the Atmosphere section; the semi-dark blue is to indicate the primary gases, the light blue to indicate secondary gases, and the white ones the trace gases.
Updating the ecosphere section wasn’t a vital part to do, but I wanted to do it anyway.
So now, what is left before a release?
The 3 parts indicated at the start of this blog post:
- Full UI standardization: it includes to finish my update on the display of the colony’s data in the Local Surface panel. There were many adjustments to do and it wasn’t pretty clean. Don’t worry, it is less work than what was needed for the Region and Ecosphere sections, so it will be done fast.
The other thing to do is to standardize the behavior with keyboard shortcut keys and the panels.
It is more a question to put standardized code and enabling interface events so that would do it.
- Various Bug Fixes: mainly fixing some bugs / mistakes for seasonal changes (especially preventing seasonal change for 0 atmosphere planets and asteroids…), AND fixing once a for all the crash when I want to load a saved game (outside of to continue the last saved game since this part works).
- Knowledge Base – Session Update: once 1 and 2 are done, about one week before the release I will work only to update the Knowledge Base. I will do it before the release since it is also to update the offline/in-game version of it.
And that’s it. 1-2-3 done = a release. Who said finally?? Hmmmmm??? hehe 🙂
That’s all, have a good night and good week 🙂