February 4th Update; Status of the work for this 0.6.17 version:
- [WIP] Adding assets: New Infrastructures and Production Modes.
- [WIP] Weather and Geophysics System (WEAGES).
- Adding assets: 2D pictures and icons.
- Full UI standardization.
- [NOT DEV => DONE] implementation of code to move the orbital objects on their respective orbits.
- [New: DONE] basic configuration of the default threadpool for all parallel code in FARC.
- New Game Setup
- [New: DONE] fix: process correctly the initialization of the interface for a new game. I forogot to re-enable this before the release of the 0.6.16…
- [New: DONE] fixes: the angle of the first day of revolution period + the determination of the starting day of the revolution period now take correctly into account the special case with the asteroids belts and also are correctly set up for any satellite.
- Weather and Geophysics System (WEAGES)
- [WIP => DONE] implementation of the basic seasonal changes: calculation of the current (non astronomical) season, and progressive calculations of temperature / windspeed and rainfall for smooth changes from one season to another one.
The first part of the WEAGES is now implemented. I need to add some details for variations of windspeed and rainfall, but the whole set of rules and calculations is done.
So, once these details are also done, I will work on the second and last part of this system; the Regional Weather and Geophysics Effects. This one is more complicated to design and implement than the first part, but will include several specific events, or features if you want, like Heat/Cold Wave, Fire, Flood, Dust Storm, Cyclones and so on… A lot of things the player will certainly rejoice to see, especially if its settlements and expeditions are caught in them hehe.
That’s all, have a great week!