January 23 Update; Status of the work for this 0.6.17 version:
- [WIP] Adding assets: New Infrastructures and Production Modes.
- [WIP] Weather and Geophysics System (WEAGES).
- Adding assets: 2D pictures and icons.
- Full UI standardization.
- [New: NOT DEV] implementation of code to move the orbital objects on their respective orbits.
- FARC Universe Generator (FUG)
- [New: NOT DEV] full adoption of the current (non astronomical ie Spring, Summer, Autumn, and Winter) season that is now set during the generation and stored in the universe database.
- Game Saving/Loading
- [New: WIP] better saving and loading of universe data. Includes the integration of all the seasonal changes.
- Interface – Orbital Object
- [New: NOT DEV] Region’s Data: indication of the correct current real season.
- [New: WIP] dayEnd of the astronomical seasons (ex orbital periods) is removed because it is useless and have an error with a carry over.
- [New: WIP] the seasons are now refactored into astronomical seasons, and equinoxes are more specific: Summer Equinox, Summer Solstice, Winter Equinox, Winter Solstice.
- [New: WIP] new data for each orbital object: current astronomical season season. Quick data that indicates the current season actually in process.
- [New: NOT DEV] changes of calculations to determine the correct season at the correct time. So each season doesn’t start anymore at the equinoxes and solstices but at a middle intermediate ground between each of them in the seasonal order of summer => autumn => winter => spring.
- Weather and Geophysics System (WEAGES)
- [New: WIP] core implementation, and linking into the time flow.
- [New: NOT DEV] implementation of the basic seasonal changes: calculation of the current (non astronomical) season, and progressive calculations of temperature / windspeed and rainfall for smooth changes from one season to another one.
The Nuclear Lab, to refine Uranium Ore, is finally completed. The production mode Uranium Ore Refining is also fully implemented and will serve as a basic framework to the design and development of the other production modes to refine all the other ores in the game (carbonaceous, metallic, and rare metals ores). So their implementation will be faster.
I will also continue to add infrastructures, mainly the Ice Crusher, Ore Smelter and Vacuum Induction Furnace.
I also finally well advanced into the completion of the design of the Weather and Geophysics System (WEAGES) since the first part of it, the one managing the seasonal changes, is finalized. I need to add a few details concerning the variation in the temperature, windspeed and rainfall values and it will be complete.
Once I finish to refactor and modify the data and code of the seasons in the game, I will implement this first part and the orbital objects will finally move! The basic weather data will also progress over the time.
When many of these WIP / NOT DEV done, I will work on completion of the second part of the WEAGES, which is the management of the Regional Weather and Geophysical Effects that can occurs more or less globally on a planet (or even on a asteroid for a few geophysical effects).
As a reminder, this system is the only new feature I will implement until this alpha 10 is fully complete. The rest of the development is still about the addition of factions, 2D/Music/Sound(?) assets, addition of infrastructures / production modes, planetary systems, and plugging the holes in certains parts of the code.