Sorry for the lack of news, dev had slowed down a bit since the start of December but keeps on track.
December 12 Update; Status of the work for this 0.6.16 version:
fixing the memory leak in the creation of a 3D scene, due to bad code with the generation of satellites. adding a full and definitive implementation of Low and Geosynchronous Orbits, including changes in 3D and user’s interface. removing the 3D space units and replacing them by 2D counterparts (icons) adding a Planetary System List to quickbrowse the current planetary system in the 3D view. addition of another HUD button on the 3D view to open the Orbital Object panel. addition of other HUD button to open the panels for Population, Settlements, Industry, and CSM Events.
- updating of the content of Help & Knowledge Base panel.
- adding assets: 2D pictures, icons and new infrastructures.
- [New: DONE] addition of a HUD button, with its complete behavior to open the Population panel.
- [New: DONE] addition of a HUD button, with its complete behavior to open the Settlements panel.
- [New: DONE] addition of a HUD button, with its complete behavior to open the Industry panel.
- [New: DONE] addition of a HUD button, with its complete behavior to open the CSM Events panel.
- [New: DONE] addition of a HUD button, with its complete behavior to browse the satellites (if any) of a focused orbital object.
- [New: DONE] import/modification of 4 icons to illustrate the Population, Settlements, Industry, and CSM Events HUD buttons.
- [New: DONE] creation of 1 icon to illustrate the Satellites Browsing HUD button.
- Interface – General:
- [New: DONE] full modifications/additions of shortcut keys.
- Interface – Help & Knowledge Base Panel / Keys List:
- [NOT DEV => WIP] the full list of shortcuts keys present in the game is updated and final.
- Space Units (in-game):
- [New: DONE] the code to remove space unit(s) is now fully fixed and operational.
First, the release date of the online snapshot will occur during the day of December 23.
Second; instead of working to update the Help & Knowledge Base panel, I first worked on the revamp of the browsing of satellites with the shortcut keys. It is now cleaner and bug free.
I also added a HUD button to switch in and out of the satellite view for a focused orbital object (see the screenshot below), and the S key is binded to it as it also was before.
Also as you can see on this first screenshot, all the elements to access the Population, Settlements, Industry and CSM Events panels are now fully implemented. Their respective shortcut keys are also operational.
I also integrated the Local Surface HUD button, including the display of the colony (if there is one) for the satellites. It is really something new because even before this version, FARC had nothing to display the informations of a colony on the HUD of the 3D view. The second screenshot illustrate it now.
The next steps are the following:
- I will update the part of the Help & Knowledge Base Panel that shows the keyboard shortcuts since there are some changes and additions.
- Finally I will work to add assets in the game, I will see which ones for this version, but there will certainly be new infrastructures for production (like ore refining).
I will also add Pictures and icons, mainly for the infrastructures.
That’s all, thanks for your interest