Status of the work for this 0.6.16 version:
fixing the memory leak in the creation of a 3D scene, due to bad code with the generation of satellites.
- [WIP] adding a full and definitive implementation of Low and Geostationary Orbits, including changes in 3D and user’s interface.
- removing the 3D space units and replacing them by 2D counterparts (icons) + updating the Unified Management Interface to permit the player to see the list of its space units and to be able to set mission orders directly from it.
- adding assets: 2D pictures, icons and new infrastructures.
- [New: DONE] the OpenGL third-party framework GLScene is fully updated with 9 years of updates.
- [New: DONE] custom objects aren’t loaded anymore via the old lib3ds.dll but directly now via the framework. The dll and code dependencies are removed and modified.
- Interface – General:
- [New: DONE] mass update of the third-party addon, TMS Components Pack, used in most of the 2D interface of the game.
- [New: DONE] FAR Colony is now fully 64bits.
- Music & Sound System (MSS):
- [New: DONE] the BASS library is now initialized with the correct default device set on the host computer.
I finished to uninstall my old IDE and install the new one yesterday night.
All is OK and working, and FARC works pretty well too (outside of the bugs I made before…).
The whole seems a bit more faster than before but take it with a usual bit of salt because I haven’t made any benchmark.
Anyway, the usual development can resume from today now.
Thanks and have a good day!