- Infrastructures (database):
- [WIP => DONE] adjustment into the determination of infrastructure levels (IL). For reminder, IL encompass grossly the size of an infrastructure into one readable data that is used, among other things, to determine the size of the settlements. Now it is calculated with one universal formula based on the design of each infrastructure. So no more guessing.
- [WIP => DONE] add new sets of data to indicate the minimum size of settlement allowed to an infrastructure to be converted/assembled or built, for each index of size of infrastructure. These replace the min/max level. These applies to the following types of settlements: Surface, Space-Based, Subterranean, Lava Tube and Asteroid.
- [New: DONE] add an infrastructure level, by index of size available for an infrastructure.
- [New: DONE] the data to indicate the range of settlements is deprecated since the new data for min/max settlement’s sizes do the job.
- Infrastructures (database) / Data Addons and Modifications:
- [New: DONE] Multipurpose Depot:
- dimensions and base power consumed are completely reworked and there are no more than 3 size levels now.
- this infrastructure now uses Colonists as staff: 3, 4 or 6 colonists respectively. There were no staff prerequisite before.
- the calculations for the different storage values are also completely redone. The Gas storage type is removed from the custom effects of this infrastructure.
- [New: DONE] Pressurized Tanks Array => Pressurized Tanks Array – Gas: total overhaul of the data. Gas storage only.
- [New: DONE] Pressurized Tanks Array – Liquid: new infrastructure for liquid storage.
- Missions / Colonization:
- [NOT DEV] fix: during the setup of the mission, if the list of types of settlements isn’t continuous regarding the data vs what is available in the combo box, the type of settlement committed in the task will be wrong.
For ex.: the enumeration of the three first types is; setSurface -> setSpaceBasedSurface -> setSubterranean. If Space-Based surface isn’t part of the list of the combo box, the selection will be wrong.
- [New: DONE] Multipurpose Depot: the now deprecated levels of infrastructure are removed. For the rest, the volume/unit for each level is adjusted by the new values.
- [New: DONE] Pressurized Tanks Array: the now deprecated levels of infrastructure are removed. The rest is removed in exchange of Pressurized Tanks Array – Gas and a second one with Liquid. Total remake of the data.
- Products / Addition of Equipments:
- [New: DONE] Pressurized Tanks Array – Liquid: *3 for each size index.
- [WIP => DONE] adjustements to determine the size, and the progression of it, for all the types of settlements. Calculations are 100% in-line with the new way to determine the infrastructure level.
Here is the updated list of pre-release stages:
to adjust the Oxygen Production Overload by taking into account the population in excess of the life support system of a colony. to adjust the infrastructure levels in the database, the size of discovered resource spots (in line with IL) and also adjust how the size of a settlement is determined (also in line with the new IL).
- to finalize the implementation of the offline version of the knowledge base in the game. It is already here but a I need to remake the linking between the data and the explanations in the KB. That implies also to remove the old code of the previous encyclopedia.
- to fix a major bug in the Colonization Mission, in the case when only one carried colonization vessel is selected for the mission. The trip time doesn’t update and it can create a bug.
- to fix a bug again for the Colonization Mission: during the setup of the mission, if the list of types of settlements isn’t continuous regarding the data vs what is available in the combo box, the type of settlement committed in the task will be wrong.
- FINALLY… to complete a presentable interface of the online updater that will display basic information like the version and build available, the last changes and buttons to let the player decide which action to take.
Yes, it is now six steps, since I discovered a new bug between the types of settlement available with the interface In the future and the one committed in the mission’s data itself. It’s not a big work to do, but must be done.
The work on the new Infrastructure Levels was a bit meaty, I add to redo all the basic data of the infrastructures already in the game. But it is past now.
There will be some secondary adjustments for the interface of the Conversion/Assembling/Building system, even if most of it is modified now.
So… two items out of six done, tomorrow I will work on the next one; the completion of the interface for the offline Knowledge Base.
That’s all for now, good night and have a great tomorrow!