November 04 Updates.
Status of the work for this 0.6.16 version:
fixing the memory leak in the creation of a 3D scene, due to bad code with the generation of satellites. [WIP] adding a full and definitive implementation of Low and Geosynchronous Orbits, including changes in 3D and user’s interface. [WIP] removing the 3D space units and replacing them by 2D counterparts (icons)+ [REMOVED (reason; irrelevant for the first phase of the game)]: updating the Unified Management Interface to permit the player to see the list of its space units and to be able to set mission orders directly from it.
- [NEW] adding a Planetary System List to quickbrowse the current planetary system in the 3D view + addition of its HUD button on the 3D view.
- [NEW] addition of another HUD button on the 3D view to open a Smooth Rotary Menu that will allow the access of the Orbital Object panel and all the sub / other elements (Population, Industry and so on…).
- [NEW] updating of the content of Help & Knowledge Base panel.
- adding assets: 2D pictures, icons and new infrastructures.
- [New: DONE] the hints for the following HUD buttons are implemented: all the end-of-turn buttons + the orbits button.
- [New: DONE] the icons for the capabilities of the space units are loaded in advance when the graphics of the game are initialized.
- Interface – HTML Hints:
- [New: DONE] full parallelization of the core process of interconnection of hints. Since they grow over the time I implement them, I decided to connection to the right hint for the right element of interface in parallel. I hope it will speed up the process, especially when there will be more bigger in the future.
- Interface – Mission Setup / Colonization:
- [New: DONE] fix the location of the Orbital Object panel regarding the location of the Mission Setup panel.
- [New: DONE] the bring- to-front of the Mission Setup and Orbital Object panels is fully fixed.
- Interface – Orbits Panel:
- [NOT DEV => DONE] basic implementation of the basic data sheet for the selected space unit. It includes the display of the capabilities of the space unit (if any), the same infos than those displayed in the 3D view before the removal of the 3D space units.
- New Game Setup:
- [New: DONE] establish a better logic for the FCVogldIs3DViewAfterRenderProcess boolean.
- [New: DONE] fix: fix a crash when a new game is proceed during an actual play.
For now I will test and fix a few bugs / potential problem and some refinement of the part of interface I working on and that will be done.
The next steps are the following:
- I will implement a panel (the Planetary System List) that will permit the player to quick-browsing the orbital objects of the current planetary system in the 3D view, it will be something simple and quick; a panel and a tree with the central star, planets/asteroids and their satellites. I will add a new HUD button on the 3D view to access to it.
- I will also implement another HUD button to acces the Orbital Object Menu under the form of a smooth rotary menu like this one (but of course customized for FARC):
(c) TMS Software www.tmssoftware.com
It will gives direct access to the Orbital Object panel but also directly to its constituent like the Population, Industry, Settlement, CSM Events and so on.
- I will update the part of the Help & Knowledge Base Panel that shows the keyboard shortcuts since there are some changes and additions, because of course all these new panels and buttons will have keyboard shortcuts.
- Finally I will work to add assets in the game, I will see which ones for this version, but there will certainly be new infrastructures for production.
I will also add Pictures and icons, mainly for the infrastructures.