October 26 Updates (I publishing this post @01:42).
Status of the work for this 0.6.16 version:
fixing the memory leak in the creation of a 3D scene, due to bad code with the generation of satellites.
adding a full and definitive implementation of Low and Geosynchronous Orbits, including changes in 3D anduser’s interface.
removing the 3D space units and replacing them by 2D counterparts (icons)+ updating the Unified Management Interface to permit the player to see the list of its space units and to be able to set mission orders directly from it.
- adding assets: 2D pictures, icons and new infrastructures.
- [New: WIP] the icons for the internal structures of the space units are put into a graphic library load into memory to reduce SSD/HD access.
- Interface – General:
- [New: DONE] addition of a dynamic popup menu for the space units.
- [New: DONE] CTRL + W now close the current panel (no more the escape key).
- Interface – Help & Knowledge Base:
- [NOT DEV] the full list of shortcuts keys present in the game is updated and final.
- Interface – Orbits Panel:
- [WIP => DONE] full panel creation. It contains 2 lists, one for each orbit (low and geosynchronous). Lists creation is made in parallel code to speed up the process.
- [New: DONE] a picture of the surface of the selected orbital object, containing the full setup of latitudes and longitudes ranges, is displayed.
- [New: DONE] right clicking on a space unit shows the popup menu to acces certain data and set a mission.
- [New: WIP] the ex Docked Panel / Carrying List Panel is removed and the list itself is fully integrated into the Orbits Panel and its popup menu. A duplicate is created for geosynchronous orbit too. Parallel code is used to build the list.
- [NOT DEV] basic implementation of the space unit data pad. It includes the display of the capabilities of the space unit (if any), the same infos than those displayed in the 3D view before the removal of the 3D space units.
- Space Units (in-game):
- [New: DONE] the location of a space unit use now the unified space location data structure for easier processing when needed.
The work on the Orbits panel is still ongoing but near its completion. The list is done, the keyboard shortcuts too, it is now possible to set missions (at least for the unique one, the Colonization mission) and access to certains data for the selected space unit, the list of carried space units (that was previously located into a separate panel) is now integrated into the Orbits panel too, see the screenshots below:
The lists needs to be formatted and worked like the orbit lists and it will be done.
So what needs to be done is to give the same full treatment for the list of the geosynchronous orbit, which will be pretty fast to do since it’s just a question to port the code already done to this list.
Once done, the orbits panel will be completed. I will add a keyboard shortcut (O) to access directly to this panel.
The next step will be to work on the space unit data pad that will be integrated to the Orbits panel too.
Work work…and work 🙂 I have good hope to complete at least the Orbits panel this weekend and maybe the data pad too.
Thanks for your interest!